Frequently Asked Questions
Please note: Victory Junction is a pet free, peanut free zone. Please do not bring animals (other than service animals) or any peanut products to camp.
- My friend / I did not get a confirmation email — why not?
- Confirmation emails went out to everyone who registered. If the email address was entered
incorrectly they may have not received a confirmation email. Additionally, sometimes the
confirmation email ends up in the SPAM folder. Active does not send out a second confirmation email.
- I received my bib number but my friend did not — why?
- Final confirmation emails with bib numbers will be sent out on Tuesday September 20.
The email program only sends out one email per email address. If you registered multiple
people with one email address you will only receive one confirmation email. You will be able
to look up your bib numbers during packet pickup.
- Can someone pick up my packet for me?
- I would like to change distances (half to 5 km or 5 km to half), can I do that?
- Yes, just let us know at packet pickup and we will make the switch for you.
- Can I register on Race Weekend?
- Yes. Online registration will close Thursday September 22, 2011 at midnight. In-person registration will
take place on Friday September 23 from 12pm–4pm at packet pickup at Victory Junction
and on Saturday September 24 from 5am–6:30am at Victory Junction (start line).
- My name is spelled wrong, age is wrong, etc.
- No problem! Just let us know at Packet Pick-up and we will update the database.
- I won't be able to participate; can I still pick up my T-shirt?
- YES! You may stop by and pick up your Bib Number, T-shirt and Goodie Bag. We will not be mailing out T-shirts.
- I have a friend who would like to volunteer, can he or she help?
- YES! We always need an extra set of hands! Please have your friend send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org to be assigned a position.
- I have a registration / packet pick-up question not answered above.
- For all additional registration / packet pick-up questions, please email Nicole Connor at
- What time does the event start?
- 7:00am 1/2 Marathon and 5 km runners and walkers
- Where is the start line located?
- At Victory Junction (Randleman NC).
- Where is the closest parking?
- Parking for all athletes, spectators and volunteers will take place at the Level Cross Elementary School, located
at 5417 Old Greensboro Road, Randleman, 27317.
- Shuttle buses will be running between the elementary school and camp continuously from 5:00am–12:00pm. Expect
the ride to take 10 minutes.
- Where is gear check located, and when does it open / close?
- Gear Check will be located at Victory Junction in the Michael Waltrip Marathon Center and will be available from 6:30am – 12:30pm.
- Please put all gear in a plastic bag and attach the GEAR CHECK tab from your race bib to the bag. Do not hand the volunteers any items not in a bag
(e.g. keys) as they will be unable to 'hold' anything for you during the event.
- Will there be Porta Potties at the start? Where?
- Yes, there be lots of porta potties located at Victory Junction.
- Is there Water and/or PowerAde at the start?
- I want to wear an old shirt to keep me warm until the start — can I get it back?
- Volunteers will pickup any discarded clothing and donate it. Clothing discarded at the start or on course will not be returned to athletes.
- Is there a corral system for the start line?
- No, please line up according to your pace. If you are a walker please place yourself behind the runners.
- Can I wear headphones?
- Yes, headphones are allowed on course, but please be aware that the course is open to
traffic. Please keep the volume low so you are aware of your surroundings at all times.
- I forgot my bib/timing device. Can I get a new one?
- Yes, please stop by packet pickup race morning and we will assign you a new one.
- I did not pick up my bib, timing device and shirt. Can I still get them?
- You can get your bib & timing device during packet pickup on race day, but we will not be mailing out shirts or medals post event.
- Where is the nearest coffee source?
- Where is volunteer check-in?
- Expect an email prior to the event with details of Race Day.
- What energy drink is served on course?
- How many water/PowerAde stops on the course?
- There are 6 stops on the half marathon course and TBA on the 5 km course. All stops will have both water and PowerAde.
- What's the elevation change on the course?
- The Run to Victory Half Marathon and 5 km courses are hilly and challenging. You can find elevation maps here.
- What is the course time cutoff?
- The half marathon course will remain open for 4 hours (18:20 minutes per mile pace). The 5 km course will remain open for TBA.
- Where is the finish line located?
- Victory Junction on Victory Circle
- What time will the first athletes come through?
- 5 km — 8:18am
Half Marathon — 9:15am
- Do all finishers get a medal?
- YES!! Everyone receives a medal.
- Is there prize money? What about age group awards?
- There is no prize money for this event. There are age group awards for the top 3 in each age
group in the half marathon only. The award ceremony will take place at 10:30am in the Michael Waltrip Marathon Center. All are welcome!
- Where is medical?
- There will be ambulances on course and a medical team located at the finish line.
- Do I have to turn in my timing device?
- No, it is attached to your bib so please keep it attached.
- Where is the massage therapy tent?
- We do not have post race massage.
- Where can I pick up a course map?
- Course maps and elevation maps can be found here.
- What type of food is available post event?
- All athletes will receive water, PowerAde, fruit, pancakes, doughnuts. If you have special dietary needs,
please bring your own post race food and leave it with gear check. The post-race meal will be served from
- Is there food or drink for friends and family at the finish line?
- Yes, friends and family can purchase tickets for the post-race meal. Coffee is complimentary.
- Is there food or drink for volunteers at the finish line?
- All volunteers will receive a coupon for entry to the Fuel Pit for the post-race meal.
- Where can I buy camp merchandise?
- Victory Junction apparel and accessories will be available to purchase on Friday during packet pickup. Also,
on Race Day at the merchandise tent on Victory Circle.